India is a diverse country with different cultures and eating habits where the food culture varies from state to state and even region to region, even changing based on family traditions and religious beliefs.
The concept of using spices in cooking originated in India since ancient times to enhance the flavor and provide medicinal benefits. Today, thanks to the food industry, more and more people are open to different cultures and cuisines.
Experiencing different cuisines doesn’t always mean eating out. Thanks to seasonings like these from Ella Foods, you can now explore these flavours even from home.
Seasonings that are popular globally include:
Sweet and spicy BBQ
Caribbean jerk spice
These seasonings are famous across the globe and are used in various dishes. The best part is they are easy and healthy to use . Making sure you find the most authentic flavored seasonings will ensure your dishes taste even more delicious.
Let’s get to know a few seasonings and some simple recipes to try them out on. These seasonings are going to give our taste buds a reason to celebrate:
Grilled Pineapple Chilli Lime
(see image reference from here - https://masalaandchai.com/chili-lime-grilled-pineapple)
Spears or circles of pineapple - 8 to 10 pieces
Ella Chilli Lime seasoning - 3 tablespoons
Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- Lightly grease the stovetop grill with olive oil.
- Coat the pineapple in chilli lime seasoning.
- Place the pineapple pieces on the grill.
- Turn over in 3 mins. To cook the other side.
- Plate up and serve.
Peri Peri Fries
- Ella foods Peri Peri seasoning
- Fresh/ Frozen french fries
- Deep fry the fresh or frozen french fries.
- In a large container, add some Peri Peri seasoning
- Add the fried french fries
- Shake to evenly coat all the french fries with the Peri Peri seasoning
Sweet and Spicy BBQ Corn
- Corn on the cob - 2, cut in half
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- sweet and spicy BBQ seasoning - 1 teaspoon
- Boil or steam the corn
- Mix a tablespoon of melted butter with 1 teaspoon of Sweet and spicy BBQ seasoning
- Evenly coat the boiled corn with the butter seasoning mix
- Serve warm and enjoy
The most fun part of using different seasonings is making up new recipes with them. Some international seasonings work well even with Indian Pakoras and sandwiches, making them a truly versatile addition to your kitchen. So whether it’s exotic cuisines or regular everyday recipes, go ahead and experiment with the flavours of the world, because they are just a sprinkle away.